Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Policing Done Right




Kudos to Cariole Horne! In 2006, she was a veteran police officer in Buffalo, NY. She physically intervened during an arrest to protect Neal Mack, a 59 year old black man, after her white colleague, Gregory Kwiatkowski, put him in a chokehold for an extended period of time. She warned Kwiatkowski that he was choking Mack and grabbed his arm from around Mack's neck. Kwiatkowski responded in kind by punching her in the face.

Two years after the altercation and subsequent investigation, Horne (a mother of five) was fired without a pension. At the time, she had served on the force for 20 years and was just a few months away from receiving the pension. The police department claimed that she had put Kwiatkowski and other officers at risk, even though Mack was handcuffed and unarmed at the time. She lost everything, but Mack did not lose his life.

Long story short, after a 13-year legal battle Horne was vindicated and awarded her back pay, benefits, and pension yesterday. She always knew that saving Mack's life was the right thing to do and she never wanted another police officer to go through the same for intervening on behalf of a suspect when necessary. Apparently, the court determined that her actions were indeed warranted at the time of the incident, so any previous decisions that were made against her regarding benefits, pay, and pension were reversed.

God don't like ugly and, of course, there is more to the story regarding Kwiatkowski--but, this blogger is not going to waste another minute of her time on him because this was another situation in which the police needed to be policed. However, I do want to say "thank you" to Cariole Horne for what she did, which probably saved Mack's life, and it should not have taken 13 years for her to be vindicated. Click on the image or text link underneath to read the full article on MSN News.


No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!