Saturday, April 17, 2021

Living While Black (Say Their Names)



If you need to run some errands today, to ensure you get there alive, don't take public transit (Oscar Grant). If you decide to drive, remove all air fresheners from the vehicle and double-check your registration status (Daunte Wright), then make sure your license plate is visible (Lt. Caron Nazario). Be careful to follow all traffic rules (Philando Castille), signal for every turn (Sandra Bland), keep the music volume low (Jordan Davis), and don't stop for a meal at a fast food restaurant (Rayshard Brooks). You might be too afraid to pray (Rev. Clementa C. Pickney) and you better hope the car doesn't break down (Corey Jones).

While you are out and about, be sure not to dance (Elijah McClain), or stop to play in a park (Tamir Rice), or patronize the local convenience store for snacks (Trayvon Martin), or walk around the neighborhood (Mike Brown). Once you are home, don’t stand in the backyard (Stephon Clark), or eat ice cream on the couch (Botham Jean), or play any video games (Atatiana Jefferson).

Maybe you should stay home and watch a movie. Don’t leave the house to go to Walmart (John Crawford), or to the gym (Tshyrand Oates), or on a jog (Ahmaud Arbery), or for a walk to watch the birds (Christian Cooper). In fact, just sit and remember what a blessing it is to breathe (George Floyd), and definitely don’t go to sleep (Breonna Taylor).

All of these are normal things that white people don't have to think about as they live their lives from day to day (White Privilege), and it is our constitutional right to do the same (Black Lives Matter)!


No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!