Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sometimes, Clothes Can Make The Man...


Television host and former reality TV star Teck Holmes and “Burn Notice” star Eric Bivens-Bush have partnered up to launch a new movement called Black Tie Week.

Black Tie Week was created in an effort to change the perception of Black men in America and get people to continue speaking out on the inequality in the criminal justice system after the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial.

Holmes and Bush aim to make a visible statement from September 3-8, 2013, by having Black men, young and old, wear suits.

“The Trayvon Martin case has inspired the men to come together to encourage a solution for improving the public perception of Black Americans. How a person dresses is how they are perceived. Black Tie Week brings our entire community together to change the perception of young black men,” said Holmes, who hosts Cartoon Network’s game show “Hole in the Wall.”

A group of Black Hollywood talent has come together for the campaign including Wesley Jonathan, Edwin Hodge Shawn Carter Peterson, Aldis Hodge, Nicholas “The World Famous N.I.C.” Demps, Dennis L.A. White, Malik Barnhardt, Toryan Rogers and director/writer Terry Gingles, according to a report in Jawn Murray’s AlwaysAlist.

The Black Tie Week photo campaign was shot by photographer Lanisha Cole and there were also contributions by makeup artist Hanna Morrow and publicist Sherise Ford.

The week-long Black Tie Week tribute campaign aims to raise the national consciousness of the devastating racial profiling problem in the United States, and to recognize the ongoing commitment to addressing the urgent needs of our African-American youth.

For additional information about this campaign, click on the image or the text link underneath to visit the website.

No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!