Sunday, September 15, 2013

50 Years Ago Today...



Today is the 50th anniversary of the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church bombing that took the lives of these four innocent little girls. On Sunday, September 15, 1963, members of the Ku Klux Klan planted sticks of dynamite outside the basement of the church. At 10:22am, it exploded killing the four young girls inside and injuring 22 other people. The funeral for the victims was attended by more than 8,000 mourners, white and black, but no city officials. Click on the image or text link underneath for more details about this horrific event.



'4 Little Girls' May Receive Congressional Gold Medals

In April of this year, it was reported that by a 420-0 vote, the House passed a measure that will posthumously award the Congressional Gold Medal to Addie Mae Collins, Denise McNair, Carole Robertson, and Cynthia Wesley. It was then presented to the Senate for consideration and expected to pass without oppostion. Click on the image or text link undernearth to read the full story reported on April 27, 2013.



As is often the case, there is so much going on America right now that most of the country probably doesn't realize that the vote passed the Senate and the gold medal was actually presented five days ago on September 10, 2013, just in time for the 50th anniversary. If you missed it, watch the video or click on the text link underneath to read about the presentation. 

Continue to rest in peace, little angels. Please know that you haven't been forgotten and your deaths were not in vain. The struggle for civil rights and equal treatment under the law still rages on...

No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!