Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Ballad Of "Big Mike"


The movie "The Blind Side" is the true story of Michael Oher, a homeless African-American youngster from a broken home. He was living on the streets when he was welcomed into the home of a suburban family. Michael's presence in their lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own. Living in his new environment, the teen faces a completely different set of challenges to overcome. As a football player and student, Michael works hard and, with the help of his coaches and adopted family, he matures into a talented athlete. As the NFL draft approaches, fans and sports radio personalities alike speculate that Michael will be the hottest pick of the year and he ultimately becomes an All-American offensive left tackle. Critic's Choice Award nominee for Best Young Actor, Jae Head, portrays Michael in the movie.



Sandra Bullock has accomplished a box office feat with "The Blind Side" that her fellow A-list counterparts such as Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Angelina Jolie, and Reese Witherspoon have never succeeded in doing. They have come close, but never pulled in moviegoers in such big numbers. Sandra has cracked the $200 million mark at the domestic box office. According to Variety Magazine, "The Blind Side" is the first movie ever driven solely by a top female star to break $200 million. Over the weekend, box office receipts for the movie totaled $208.5 million. Sandra has received 3 award nominations for this movie: Golden Globe-Best Actress, Drama; Screen Actor's Guild Award-Oustanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role; and Critic's Choice Award-Best Actress.

2 comments:

Keith said...

We will have time to go to the movies dear..Soon..very soon. -:)

Arlene said...

Roz, I haven't seen this movie but I've heard a lot about the storyline. How blessed was this young man because this woman had the heart to share with an abandoned child. And I like Sandra Bullock as an actress. She's goofy cute. Loved her in Practical Majic and The Net.



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!