Thursday, March 25, 2021

๐Ÿ’ฏ Women's History Month Special Event



Hi There!

As we near the end of Women’s History Month, there’s no better time to celebrate the power that lies inside every girl and pay it forward to the next generation of inspiring young women. That’s why I’m so thrilled that tonight POPSUGAR is hosting "Girl Talk: Knowledge Is Our Superpower", a virtual event dedicated to girls’ education and empowerment and featuring the stories of the Girls Opportunity Alliance.

You’ll get to meet girls all over the world, hear a musical performance from Kelly Clarkson, and get advice about how to pursue your goals and support each other. Auli’i Cravalho will share why it’s so important for girls to dream big. Maitreyi Ramakrishnan will discuss how girls can carve out their own paths, even when they’re the first or the only person to try something new. And Marsai Martin will teach a new course: Stepping Into Your Power 101. Along the way we’ll be joined by many other special guests, all in support of adolescent girls’ education around the world and our work with the Girls Opportunity Alliance.

I also can’t wait to introduce you to two remarkable students during the special: Sonali Pathak from India and Turipamue Kazohua from Namibia, who are both 15 years old and who joined me and Lilly Singh for a conversation about what their education has been like during the pandemic. Of course, these young women faced challenges to getting an education even before COVID-19, but organizations in the Girls Opportunity Alliance community have helped them to keep learning while remaining healthy and safe. Tonight you’ll learn about their challenges and their dreams, from Turipamue’s love for the debate club at her school to Sonali’s favorite karate lessons in her community.

These young women are going to inspire you as much as they inspire me—I know it. And the truth is, there are girls like them in every corner of the globe, who are eager to learn and absolutely determined to get an education worthy of their promise. So join us tonight, and then do your part to pay it forward to the next generation of young women. We’ve made it easy to do just that by releasing a new fundraising toolkit on the Girls Opportunity Alliance website that will help you to take action, from hosting a virtual trivia night to leading a solo fun run—and if you’re a parent, you can do this with your kids and show them what it means to give back.

You can watch the special tonight at 9:00pm ET at PopSugar and TLC, or catch an encore presentation at 10:00pm ET on OWN. So, I hope you’ll spread the word and tune in to join us in celebration of all of the women and girls in your life and all around the world.

I hope this special hour of girl power motivates and inspires you to help us ensure the world knows that, as Sonali says, "girls are magic."

Michelle Obama


No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!