Thursday, May 23, 2019

Too Good of a Word Not to Share!




“Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.” Psalms 19:14

We may not physically hit others, but when we demoralize and speak devastating words to those we say we love, we are displaying abusive behavior. When we discourage our children, strip our spouse of their esteem and honor, and devalue our friends, we create an abusive environment that breeds resentment and rebellion. We also grieve the Holy Spirit of God.

Love builds people up; it doesn’t tear people down. Love gives people hope; it doesn’t shatter people’s dreams. Our loved ones can suffer broken spirits, lost hope, and severe low self-esteem from our destructive words and attitudes. This is unacceptable to God

As a spouse, add value to your spouse and encourage them. They are trusting that their heart is safe in your hands (see Proverbs 31:11). As a parent, build up your children. They should feel safe, affirmed, and valued. As a child of the Lord and a friend, build up and enrich the people God has placed in your life.

You have within you the power to enrich those around you and improve the quality of their life. You have within you the grace given by God to resist every temptation to speak abusively. Even when your emotions are high, you have the ability to tell yourself, “No! I’m not going to say that! I’m not going to be someone that abuses people with my words! I will help and not hurt people with my words! I will be the person God has called me to be! I will use my mouth for His glory!”

PRAYER: Lord, thank You for speaking to me. You are watching every word that comes out of my mouth. Please forgive me for all abusive and demeaning words I’ve said to others or even to myself. I cancel those words in Jesus name. Heal every heart I’ve hurt. Help me, Lord, to treat people the way I would want to be treated. I humble myself right now and submit to you. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight. You’re my strength and my redeemer. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

READ: Ephesians 4:29-32; Colossians 4:6; and Proverbs 14:1


No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!