Monday, May 6, 2019

Prayer of the Day



A Prayer For The Tormented Soul By Matthew Johnson

Here my prayer, O God, attend unto my cry while my lips tremble and my soul breathes out the sigh. Is it truly You - you alone, my strong defense, my rest, my desire, even though my heart beats wildly in my breast?

Where can I escape from the enemies of right? When my mind is clouded and grace is far from sight? Darkest nights, falling upon me with unrelenting power. My heart-longing only for lighted grace - even this hour.

In shades of gray, my head is confused and torn. Between good or evil, my heart is grieved and worn. How can I know the right, will I live for His determined glory? Or to man’s wisdom will I turn in fear, trying to write my own futile story?

That story, foolish and arrogant, a call to heed temporal voices sits upon me with false wisdom - calculating trust in human choices. O bear me up though I be tempted to live with sinful determinations. Salvage me from earthly folly which certainly assures evil devastation.

Save me, is my prayer - though heart, and mind, and will are wretched; deliver me, my one desire, knowing my name into your palm is etched. Grant me mercy to abhor myself and repent in dust and sorrow, and to rest alone on your promise of the eternal tomorrow.

For your word alone lights the pathway darkened by sin. Joy and wisdom are only found if a divine word enters in. I will rejoice in your good news, recalling truth - you were crushed to pay it all, no condemnation, troubled soul - now be hushed!

Your Redeemer draws close, no more anxiety or fear. He alone will bear you up, wiping away the painful tear. None but Jesus cares for your soul’s demise; turn to Him, glorious, merciful, and all-wise.

Wisdom for this hour comes only through the Sovereign’s will, His heart, His smile, His providential glance bids my soul, be still. His grace, His faithful mercies, tender and always undeserved; promise me peace and hope and eternity already reserved.

Amen.


No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!