Monday, October 3, 2016

BLM: Articles of the Day - Part 2




Victor DeWayne Roy, Jr., married father of three children, wants the world to know his life matters, especially to some important people he calls family. He created the shirts and says, "I want each and every person who wears the shirt to know someone is reading that shirt, and the person reading it has no choice but to see those human beings beside you. At that point, they know you not only matter to this world as a living, breathing person, but first and foremost you matter to the people who love you."

Kudos to this dad for the concept and thought that went into the shirts, but the fact still remains that we shouldn't have to go to such lengths to receive equal treatment under the law. Click on the image or text link underneath to read the article.





I must confess, I'm not sure how to feel about this one. The project is a response to the morbid reality of police violence. Ja'han Jones, creator of the project says, "We are placing the reality of police violence before the eyes of those who know us best and forcing them to grapple with the prospect of police taking us from this Earth. And, this is not fatalistic — this is realistic."

I'm sorry, but I don't agree. I have nothing against writing your own obituary, detailing how you want your homegoing service, etc. before you pass away. In fact, I highly recommend it. But, doing it because we are being made to feel like our lives can be taken by the cops at any given moment sounds fatalistic to me.

And, again... the racial tension in America that causes this kind of thinking, is an absolute disgrace. Click on the image or text link underneath to read the article and decide for yourself.


No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!