Monday, November 25, 2013

⏰ Quality Time w/ The Grands


Day 1 - Saturday

Me and the hubby had our grandson and youngest granddaughter over for a sleepover this weekend. We didn't plan an outing this time and just chilled at the house for the day. For one thing, Grammy and Pop-Pop also had a great-but-late dinner and movie date night with the Marriage Ministry of our church Friday evening. But, I'd like to think we made the most of our day indoors with them, just the same. One thing I did plan on doing was introducing them to one of my all-time favorite books from childhood, 'The Mouse & The Motorcycle' by Beverly Clearly. I read that book during my elementary school years until the cover fell off! I didn't know until recently that Beverly did two follow-up books, 'Runaway Ralph' and 'Ralph S. Mouse'. I also didn't know that mini-movies were done for all three books. I found out about all of this a month ago on the internet when I stumbled across a read-along 3-disc DVD set by Scholastic called 'The Ralph Mouse Collection'. I ordered it with much enthusiasm and had it ready for the next time they came to visit. It was big hit with my grandson in particular, because my granddaughter is still too young to appreciate it. And unfortunately, oldest granddaughter missed it because she was having a weekend sleepover with her godmother. But, I'm going to make sure she has an opportunity to see it too. We made some popcorn and enjoyed all 3 discs back-to-back, which also gave me the opportunity to enjoy the two follow-up stories for the first time. 



Day 2 - Sunday

The rest of the sleepover went well too. Me and the hubby got up, cooked breakfast, got everybody ready, and made it out to church. The kids were pretty good during the service so after it was over, we took them to Ruby's Diner in Ardmore, PA for lunch. Since all of their restaurants have trains running along the ceiling, it was the perfect spot to eat. We took them back home when lunch was over, and my oldest granddaughter returned home shortly after them from the sleepover she had with her godmother.


No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!