Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Day To Give Thanks...



Here are some pics of my Thanksgiving Day with family. As always, we had a nice time at my mom's house. The dinner was great and we ate until we were stuffed. 2TU Mom, you did it again! Everyone is back home now, preparing for a good night's sleep before we hit the stores tomorrow morning around 10:00am. A definite highlight for my two oldest grands was something totally unexpected and initiated by my mom. Believe it or not, she still has a wind-up Victor Victrola in the basement. It was actually left there by the previous owner when my parents bought the house in 1968 and it still works! So, she pulled out some of her 78rpm records (that's right, 78rpms) and talked them into dancing with her, which she does as a form of exercise. What's amazing to me is, the kids had no idea who they were listening to (Fats Domino), what a 78rpm record is, or what that weird-looking contraption was playing the record. But, they didn't seem to care and they had a good time dancing with her, just the same. And, I know she enjoyed being able to expose her great-grands to a little piece of her past. You go, Mom!

My father passed away in 2002 and I still miss him very much, but I'm grateful and thankful that my mom has been blessed to meet all three of her great-grandchildren. I’m actually trying to get her to 'sit down' and stop preparing this meal every year, but she still wants to do it as long as God gives her the strength to do it, so what can I say. But, she comes to our house on Christmas Day and we prepare that annual meal for everyone. But, above all else, I’m most grateful for my family and the added blessing that everyone is doing okay in these difficult economic times. We’re not rich when it comes to money and it’s a struggle at times, but we have what we need the most, along with the added blessings of relatively good health, life, and strength. I'm also thankful that God has blessed us to be able to spend another Thanksgiving Day together, and no one else is missing from the table. So, from my family to yours, we hope that you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving too!


No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!