Monday, October 29, 2012

The Final Countdown To Frankenstorm


Wow! Would you believe Hurricane Sandy already has a Wikipedia page? You can also find her in the Wiki search box by using her nickname, Frankenstorm. It seems she's already made her place in history and she's not even here yet!

Anyway, as we move into Monday and the anticipated wrath of this storm, I'm praying that God will bless all of us to come out of it safe and sound, and with as little property damage as possible. I guess many of us here in Philly are not used to weather this severe on a consistent basis, so it's very hard for us to conceptualize exactly what all of this means. What I can tell you is, the city is shut down, public transportation has been suspended, public schools and many colleges/universities are closed, and most people don't have to report to work, so we're taking this very seriously.

Given the circumstances, this may very well be my last post for a few days, as we have been warned of the potential for widespread electrical power outages. So, just pray for all of us and God willing, we'll see you on the other side of this storm!

**********************************************************************

Update 10/30/12 (9:30am): I'm thanking God this morning for his tender mercies because the worst of Hurricane Sandy has passed in Philly. It would appear that NJ and NY definitely got the worst of the storm because we don't have a coastline. They are predicting some minimal rain and wind gusts on and off throughout today. The City of Phila and public schools are still closed, SEPTA is still down, thousands of people are without electric, traffic lights are out, trees are down blocking roads, and all the usual chaos that normally follows storms of this magnitude. Mayor Michael Nutter is still advising people to stay off the streets because many of these conditions prevent obvious hazards, seen and unseen. I'm also praying for everyone who was severely affected by the storm that all their needs are met as soon as possible. 

No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!