Sunday, April 3, 2011

World Autism Awareness Day Event


VCC Annual Autism Night @ Please Touch Museum

On the evening of Saturday, April 2nd, me and my hubby, daughter, son-in-law, and the grands attended this WAAD event. We had a good time and the kids really enjoyed the sliding board and the train and water tables. Normally, the cost of admission for the Please Touch Museum is $15.00/person and it's the same for everyone, one year old and up... so, the cost for an average family of four would be $60.00.

Well, thanks to the people at VCC, who sponsored the event, the cost of admission was $20.00/family and it covered the autisitc child and up to four family members. Every imagineable organization that provides programs and services for the autistic community was represented with display tables full of helpful information and valuable resources. Here are some of the photos that we took while we were there and you can click on the collages for a larger view.












For your information, a number of special events will be going on "everywhere" during the month of April for autistic children and their families, such as VCC Day @ Sesame Place on Friday, April 22nd, 10:00am. There’s no cost for registration and admission, but you must pre-register and the cost for parking is $ 25.00/vehicle. Click here to visit the VCC website for more informaton and registration.

Remember, April is Autism Awareness Month and there is no better time to explore the possibilities regarding programs, resources, and services that are available to you. As we learned at the above event, there are a lot of organizations out there that are ready to assist and serve you in a variety of ways. Also, check out my Facebook autism awareness photo album "When A Is For Autism" for more information and resources.

No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!