Monday, April 25, 2011

Kashmere Stage Band (aka Thunder Soul)



I want to get the word out about an independent film preview I saw recently. I don't know if you're familiar with the Kashmere Stage Band (KSB) out of Kashmere High School in Houston, TX back in the '70s, but there's a film called "Thunder Soul" that tells their story and it's scheduled to be released in theaters this fall. Below you will find the film synopsis and various links related to the band and/or film. It's already won several film festival awards and the credits indicate that it’s being presented by Jamie Foxx.

Many times, independent films that we've never heard of are nominated and walk away with Oscars. I'm hoping this one will do the same. A similar film was released several years ago about the infamous "Funk Brothers", who played behind all of those great Motown records that we grew up on. If memory serves me correctly, the film was nominated for an Oscar but didn't win.

If you're so inclined after seeing the preview, spread the word about "Thunder Soul" to people you know who might appreciate the era, music, and story enough to go and see it upon release. Let's support this film so it can receive a nomination too… or even better, win an Oscar this time!

Thunder Soul Synopsis & Links

Musical history was made in the 1970s at Kashmere High School in Houston, TX. Band leader, Conrad "Prof" Johnson, turned the school's jazz band into a legendary funk powerhouse. In 2008, his students reunited and paid tribute to the 92 year old band leader. Some hadn't played their horns in decades, but they were determined to show him and the world that "they still got it!" Release Date: September 23, 2011.

Official Website:
http://thundersoulmovie.com/

Preview on Moviefone:
http://www.moviefone.com/movie/thunder-soul/10033718/trailers

"Like" the film on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/thundersoul

"Follow" the film on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/tsmovie

Kashmere Stage Band on Google:
http://www.google.com/#q=kashmere+stage+band&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=ab08b906c4821279&hl=en&rlz=1R2ADSA_enUS404

No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!