Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Return Of Gino's & The Gino Giant!


Move over "Big Mac" and "Whopper"... the "Giant" is back! I just recently learned that on October 25th, Gino's has returned to the area and opened a store in King of Prussia, PA. There will be a "Grand Opening Celebration" on Sunday, November 14th, 12:00-3:00pm, so spread the word to anyone you know who would appreciate this blast from the past and an opportunity to sink their teeth into a "Gino Giant" again. The ribbon cutting ceremony will be held at 1:30pm.

Click on the nostalgic puzzle picture above to visit Gino's official website, see photos of the new store, and learn more about the history and comeback of this family favorite from back-in-the-day. You'll also find a flyer posted on the site with more details about the grand opening, which can be printed and shared. You can even "Like" Gino's on Facebook and "Follow" them on Twitter. Imagine that! Not bad for an eatery that's been missing in action for so many years. :)

Although my husband and I won't be able to make the grand opening, we did add a trip to Gino's to our ever-growing list of "things to do". Every year, we usually make a point of going to the King of Prussia Mall on Black Friday and you "best believe" that we'll be making a stop at Gino's while we're out there! And, you wanna know why? Because "Everybody goes to Gino's, 'cause Gino's is the place to go!" Now, let's see if they can really bring the magic back again!



Footnote: My family enjoyed many trips to the Gino's that stood on the corner of 50th & Woodland Avenue in Philadelphia. This particular day was June 16, 1976... the day I graduated from John Bartram High School. My mother is standing in front of that particular Gino's in the photo on the left; later that same day, my uncle, mother, and father are seated at a table full of Gino's food in the photo on the right. I took these photos... good eatin' and good times!

1 comment:

Arlene said...

And they made the best chocolate shakes!! I don't go anywhere near a store on black Friday but a trip to the Gino's might make the crowds at KoP mall bearable. That's if the parking lots are not jammed!



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!