Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Another "Mommy Dearest"


A bizarre tale unfolded into the public eye yesterday in Reading, PA. A nurse’s aide, who is married to a astrophysics scholar, was charged with allegedly giving birth to and then killing, a total of 5 babies over the last two decades. Even more shocking, she did it without anyone ever knowing or finding out about it until now.

Following a three-month investigation into this morbid and sad story, Berks County District Attorney John Adams said that Michele Kalina, 44 years old and pictured above, allegedly stored her dead children’s remains inside her home in a cooler and a concrete slab in the wall. "I've been involved in criminal justice for 25 years, but I have never seen anything like this,” Adams said in a phone interview. "It’s shocking, disturbing and it's just very, very unusual."

District Attotney Adams said Michele's husband, Jeffrey Kalina, who has a doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania in astrophysics and a bachelor’s degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, had no idea about the corpses of the dead babies being inside their home, allegedly since 1996.

According Adams, in 1996, Michele Kalina began having an affair with another man, who was not named but has been confirmed as the father of four of the five dead babies found. At this point, only Michele Kalina has been charged with their murders. The bodies of infants believed to be between 32 and 48 weeks old were badly decomposed when they found back in July by Jeffrey Kalina and a daughter he has with Michele.

District Attorney Adams said that no one, not even Michele's husband, knew that she was ever pregnant with any of the dead babies, Adams said. "There is very little evidence from anyone who knew her. No one has told us they were certain she was pregnant and she hid it from her family and boyfriend the whole time."

Just when you think you've heard it all... I'm SMH in utter disbelief!

No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!