Sunday, December 6, 2020

COVID-19: T'was A Month Before Christmas



T'was a month before Christmas
and all through the town,
people wore masks
that covered their frown.

The frown had begun
way back in the Spring,
when a global pandemic
changed everything.

They called it Corona
but unlike the beer,
it didn’t bring good times,
it didn’t bring cheer.

Contagious and deadly
this virus spreads fast,
like a wildfire that starts
when fueled by gas.

Airplanes were grounded
and travel was banned.
Borders were closed
across air, sea, and land.

As the world entered lockdown
to flatten the curve,
the economy halted
and folks lost their verve.

From March to July
we rode the first wave.
People stayed home
and they tried to behave.

When summer emerged,
the lockdown was lifted.
But away from caution,
many folks drifted.

Now, it’s November
and cases are spiking.
Wave two has arrived,
much to our disliking.

Frontline workers,
doctors, and nurses,
try to save people
from riding in hearses.

It’s true, this year has
had sadness a plenty,
and we’ll never forget
the year 2020.

And, just ‘round the corner
is the holiday season.
But, why be merry?
Is there even one reason?

Why decorate the house
and put up the tree,
when no one will see it,
no one but me.

But, outside my window
the snow gently falls,
and I think to myself
let’s deck the halls!

So, I gathered the ribbon,
the garland, and bows,
as I play those old carols,
my happiness grows.

Christmas is not cancelled
and neither is hope.
If we lean on each other,
I know we can cope!

#DareToCareRepost


No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!