Wednesday, April 22, 2020

COVID-19: Making The Best of A Challenging Situation



If they cancelled the rest of the school year where you live because of the Coronavirus Pandemic, students will miss several months of education and many people are concerned about them falling behind. Yes, they may fall behind when it comes to classroom education, but what if this group of children turn out to be ADVANCED in so many other ways. Hear me out. 
  • What if they have more empathy and enjoy family connections, are more creative and able to entertain themselves, love reading and expressing themselves in writing?

  • What if they enjoy the simple things, like their own backyard and quietly sitting near a window? 

  • What if they notice the birds, when different flowers bloom, and the calming effect of a light rain shower? 

  • What if this generation learns to cook, organize their space, do their laundry, and how to make a house a home? 

  • What if they learn how to stretch a dollar and live with less? 

  • What if they learn how to plan shopping trips and meals at home? 

  • What if they learn the value of eating together as a family and finding something good to share from the small things of everyday life? 

  • What if they are the ones to place great value on our educational professionals, teachers, librarians, public servants, and previously invisible essential support workers like cashiers, custodians, grocers, health care workers, mail carriers, and truck drivers, just to name a few of the people taking care of us right now while we are staying at home?

  • What if among these children, a great leader emerges who has the benefit of a slower pace and a simpler existence to truly learn what is important and really matters in life?
Please note that this was not written by me and the original author is unknown. But, feel free to share it so others can have hope and “look on the bright side” of this situation regarding our children and how it can affect them in a positive way.


No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!