Sunday, July 2, 2017

R.I.P. Thurman A. Lorick, Jr. (1933-2017)




I know I'm late, but I just found out we lost one of the greatest school photographers in Philadelphia. In case you don't know or remember who he is, Mr. Lorick was the owner and photographer of Thurman Studios at 53rd & Chestnut Streets in SW Philly. He was 83 years old when he passed away on June 23rd.

Just about everyone I know got their class rings and graduation photos from 'Thurman' back in the day--especially, if you didn't like the way your photos came back from the photographer the school hired. Do you remember picking only one of the proofs just for the yearbook and then, going to 'Thurman' so they could be done right? This man knew how to photograph us like no one else could.

So, just in case you missed it too, use the Philadelphia Tribune link to see the article printed on June 27th about his passing. And, as a tribute to him and his legacy at Thurman Studios, I'm posting the graduation photo and class ring he did for me 41 years ago. We will miss you, Mr. Lorick!



John Bartram High School - Class of 1976


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this lovely tribute to my father, Thurman Lorick. How very kind of you. I was searching his name online and came across your site. How wonderful.

I was genuinely touched by your post. So many customers have told me how much he meant to them and the community. He would have been proud.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Monica Lorick
Thurman Lorick's daughter

Lady (Bug) / Grammy said...

Dear Monica,

I am so glad and humbled that you took the time to follow the link, read my post, and leave those kinds words. I lost my father in 2002, so I know how much you must miss your father as well. One of the things I don't like about Blogger is I have no idea if you will ever return to read this comment--but, I hope you will see it one day. In the meantime, I will keep you and your family in prayer as your hearts continue to heal, but also rejoice in the legacy and memories of your father. God bless and thanks again for stopping by!

The Lady (Bug) of the Household



Unknown said...

I saw your reply because I requested a copy of all responses. Commenters only have to check the box to receive copies. Have a great evening. And, yes, I do miss my dad.

S.M. said...

Ms. Lorick,
I didn’t know your father, but I appreciate his legacy. His business and photo records may be helpful for family ancestry research, if still available. Did anyone store or acquire his business and photo records...from the early 70’s.



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!