Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Sen. Elizabeth Warren Will NOT Be Silenced
By The Republicans! #NotGonnaHappen



During the debate on whether to make Jeff Sessions the next Attorney General, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (MA-D) tried to read a letter from Mrs. Coretta Scott King, wife of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., on the floor of the Senate. The letter, which is 30 years old, urged the Senate to reject the nomination of Jeff Sessions to a federal judgeship in 1986. Although dated, the letter is still relevant because it presents a strong case against him when it comes to his capabilities to uphold the civil rights of African Americans and other minorities. Shortly after she started reading the letter, Mitch McConnell and the Republicans voted away her right to continue reading the letter on the Senate floor.

But, if you know anything about Sen. Warren, you know that she NEVER backs down from a challenge and rarely lets anyone stand in her way when she is bound and determined to do what is right. So, she went to the hallway outside the Senate room and read Mrs. King's letter to the world via Facebook Live. Needless to say, the video went viral within a few hours. I encourage you to watch it and listen to the letter--then, let Sen. Warren know in someway (perhaps, by email or her social media pages) that you appreciate her for taking this stand, even if she had to do it alone in the hallway.

Ironically, EVERYONE can hear Mrs. King's letter now, thanks to this video recording. God does work in mysterious ways! After reading the letter and based on the same, Sen. Warren stated that she is committed to voting 'NO' to Jeff Sessions becoming the next Attorney General. Stay strong Sen. Warren. I appreciate you, your commitment to our struggle as a nation with racism, and I stand with you. May God continue to bless you, guide you, keep you, and watch over you always. Amen! 2TU! YGG!


No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!