Saturday, September 24, 2016

How Police Shootings Affect Black Children



TULSA WORLD: Rebecca Lee, Literary Coach  & Writing Teacher

For the school community at KIPP Tulsa College Prep, the death of Terence Crutcher is personal. Crutcher was the father of a KIPP Tulsa student and relative of nearly 10 other students and employees in this small middle school of only 300 students. The officer who shot and killed him, Betty Shelby, was charged with first degree manslaughter, arrested, and released on $50,000 bail. 

I'm sure the charge and arrest has given Crutcher's family and friends some degree of hope that justice will prevail--but, the officer should have been charged with first degree murder and it's far too often the case that officers are NOT convicted for these racially motivated shootings. 

Click on the image or text link underneath to read the article about one teacher at the school, Rebecca Lee, who is trying to help her students cope, grieve, and process this senseless tragedy, as well as other 'far too frequent' police shootings based on race.


No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!