Friday, June 17, 2016

The New Soda Tax In Philly



In spite of the 11th hour discovery that some of the money will be going to the 'General Fund', the soda tax was approved in Philadelphia. Today, City Council approved a 1.5 cent-per-ounce tax on soda, both regular and diet, and on other drinks containing sugar. Here's how much more you might have to pay for your container of soda, if the tax on distributors is passed along to consumers.

10 oz. bottle/can ................ 15 cents
12 oz. bottle/can ................ 18 cents
16 oz. bottle/can ................ 24 cents
20 oz. bottle........................ 30 cents
32 oz. bottle........................ 48 cents
1 liter (33.81 oz.) bottle.......50 cents
2 liter (67.62 oz.) bottle...........$1.00

No judgment here and to each his own. But, if you choose to make your drink purchases within the city, just ponder these two nagging questions before you decide to dive in and support this so-called noble cause that was designed to help fund education.

(1) What happened to the property tax money that is supposed to support our schools?
(2) What happened to the cigarette tax money that is supposed to support our schools?

And, to add insult to injury, more school closings are expected during the summer, in spite of the property and cigarette taxes we're already paying. In all fairness to Mayor Kenney, he didn't create this problem--but, he did inherit it. So, for the answers to these and other burning questions about the sad state of Philly schools, you need to hold our politicians accountable for the way all of these collective tax dollars are being spent.

Now, drink up Philly... because the future of your child's education may very well depend on it--and, in spite of the risks this may cause to your general health and well-being going forward.

#DiabetesIsNoJoke and #ProceedWithCaution


No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!