Friday, March 12, 2010

Why Do Women Cry?


A little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?" "Because I'm a woman," she told him. "But, I don't understand," he said. His mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will." Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mom seem to cry for no reason?" "All women cry for no reason," was all his dad could say.

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry. Finally, he put in a little call to God. When God got on the phone, he asked, "God, why do women cry so easily?" And, God said...

"When I made woman, she had to be special. I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort.
I gave her the ability to love man, even when she does not receive love in return.

I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times will come from her children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her children have hurt her very badly.

I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart, even when he does not protect hers.

I gave her the wisdom to know that a even a good husband will sometimes hurt his wife deeply, and test her resolve and strength to stand beside him anyway.

And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed."

"You see my son," said God, "the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love and pain resides."

10 comments:

Sunflower said...

Hi ,Just stopping by to say Hi. I read both of your husband's blogs, but I do stop by here every now and then. This was incredible and you are doing some incredible writing over here..You're his best kept secret.LOL!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ladybug, I was deeply moved by this..Thanks for posting.

Brenda said...

I read this somewhere before..Thanks for posting this again.

Lisa said...

Hi Ladybug..My first time over here. Like your husband, you have a way with words...You two are very talented...Love this blog.

Halo said...

This was incredibly moving. Did you write this?

Toni said...

Hello Fellow Bartramite...Just stopped by to say that this was very moving and like your husband, you have a very expressive blog and very nice to look at.

Angie B. said...

I'd like to print this and send this to practically every guy I know-lol

Vanessa said...

Great Blog you have here...I loved this post...

Lady (Bug) / Grammy said...

@ Everyone: Thank you for the comments and stopping by. I'm afraid I don't have a "natural talent" for writing the way my husband does so I don't post everyday. But, if you check back from time to time, you might find a little something of interest posted here (smile).

@ Brenda & Halo: You probably did read this somewhere before. I didn't write it. It was an email forward and I think, one of the better ones.

@ Toni: Bartram 'n' da house!

@ Angie B: Feel free to use it anyway you see fit.

Keith said...

Your writing is fine and every bit as good as mine. (If not sometimes better!) We just have different styles that's all.



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!