Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Who Am I ??? Quiz

"Alert The Media! I finally did another post!"

First of all, I would like to say that I've been MIA on the blog because my computer was in really bad shape. It got to the place where it was taking an hour to boot up, 15-30 mintues to change screens, and "freezing up" everytime I tried to get on the internet. Long story short, it has been repaired and returned to me in perfect working order so, I'm going to try and make a come back here with something easy. This is just a meme that my hubby over at Keith's Space took a few days ago and passed on to me...

1. Were you named after anyone?

Kinda. My name is actually a derivative of my father's name and was given to me by my aunt. One day, my mother told me if she had named me, it would have been "Sylvanna". She told me that she always loved the name but, much to my surprise, she also said that the name actually belonged to a dog that was very special her as a child??? Needless to say, my father was having none of that (Thank God!) and I'm real glad that my aunt named me!

2. When was the last time you cried?

Last Sunday in church.

3. Do you like your handwriting?

Yes, I do! During my elementary school years, I was always very competitive when it came to penmanship. If I saw another child with handwriting that I admired, I tried to top it. Later on as a young adult, a previous boss told me that my signature should always make a "bold, psychological statement" so, I try to do just that every time I sign my name. I love it when people say to me, "You have beautiful handwriting. Did you go to Catholic school?" (I've always heard that good penmanship is a must in Catholic School.) I always respond with pride, "No... as a matter of fact, I went to public school!"

4. What is your favorite lunch meat?

Corned Beef.

5. Do you have any kids?

Yes... one daughter.

6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?

Certainly!

7. Do you use sarcasm?

Only if someone is sarcastic with me first.

8. Do you still have your tonsils?

Yes.

9. Would you bungee jump?

Absolutely not!

10. What is your favorite cereal?

Cocoa Krispies or Cocoa Pebbles. What can I say? I love chocolate!

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

Absolutely. It would be uncivilized not to untie them!

13. What is your favorite ice cream?

Again, chocolate... chocolate... chocolate!

14. What is the first thing you notice about people?

The way they carry themselves.

15. Red or pink?

Red or pink what? (This where I should probably say that I'm a Virgo.)

16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?

Nothing. Alright, maybe I'm a little displeased with my height... I wish I was a few inches taller. Okay?

17. Who do you miss the most right now?

I plead "the fifth" on the grounds that I might incriminate myself.

18. Do you want everyone to complete this list?

No, only those who want to do it.

19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?

Black (pants and shoes).

21. What are you listening to right now?

Actually, my hubby... he is reading the bios of Carole King and Neil Diamond out loud to me from Wikipedia while I'm blogging.

22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

It's funny... when I was asked this question as a child, the answer was always red. As an adult, it would definitely be black. But, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not... I often times wonder if that means I've become "dark" (internally) as a person or just more conservative???

23. What are your favorite smells?

Certain foods cooking, scented candles, and flowers.

24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?

My daughter.

25. Do you like the person who sent this meme to you?

As a matter of fact, I love the person. It was my hubby.

26. What is your favorite sports to watch?

Roller Derby. My hubby laughed and said that wasn't a sport but, it was to me. I keep waiting for it to make a comeback. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to say basketball.

27. What is your hair color?

Black.

28. What is your eye color?

Brown.

29. Do you where contact lenses?

No.

30. What is your favorite food?

I hate questions like this because there are certain things in life that I cannot narrow down to just one answer and this is one of them.

31. Do you prefer scary movies or happy endings?

I guess happy endings but, on rare occasions, I can appreciate a good "fright" too!

32. What was the last movie you watched?

This Is It (Michael Jackson).

33. What color shirt are your wearing?

Black and white (print).

34. Do you prefer summer or winter?

The older I get, the more I appreciate the cold weather. Hot flashes... need I say more???

35. Do you prefer hugs or kisses?

I guess, I appreciate both of them about the same.

36. What is your favorite dessert?

How many times do I have to tell you? Anything c-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e!

37. If you could make a wish what would it be?

The ability to go back and live my life over with all of the knowledge and wisdom I have now.

38. In general, what irritates you?

Rudeness.

39. What book are your reading now?

A daily devotional.

40. What is on your mouse pad?

Absolutely nothing. Is it me? All of the mouse pads in stores nowadays are dull and boring? What happened to the variety of designs we used to have to choose from? I know that we're in a recession but, I think the manufacturers could come up with something better than what they're offering.

41. What did you watch on TV last night?

Desperate Housewives.

42. What are your favorite sounds?

Music! Music! Music!

43. Do you prefer the Rolling Stones or The Beatles?

The Beatles because I like so many of their songs. Although, "Start Me Up" by the Rolling Stones was one of my favs in the 80s!

44. What is the farthest you've been from home?

The Bahamas.

45. Do you have a special talent?

I have been told by others it's organization.

46. Where were you born?

Philadelphia, PA.

47. What was the last nice thing that you did for someone?

I bought a homeless person a meal for lunch, seriously.

48. Where did you meet your spouse/significant other?

During the 80s, it was said that "the place to meet" was no longer clubs, like the 70's... it was the video store and that's exactly what happened to me. I met my hubby in a video store!

Footnote: I hope the answers to these questions gave you some insight into who I am and I tried to have a little fun in the process. Since I have absolutely no idea who my audience is at this point, if you are a blogger and actually made it through all of this, please consider yourself tagged. If you're interested, feel free to take the quiz yourself-LOL!

1 comment:

Arlene said...

I'm your dedicated follower! One of the group of folks who enjoys reading your blog. I look forward to more of your writing. I read Keith's responses to the quiz as well. It shouldn't be amazing how much married couples have in common when responding to questions from the heart. It does show how valuable compatability is in long term relationships. We know that you two meant the words of your vows.

P.S. I love chocolate too.



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!