Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dazzlin' Diva


Whitney is back in more ways than one and her first CD in seven years was released on Monday, August 31st. The track listing is as follows:

1. Million Dollar Bill

2. Nothin' But Love

3. Call You Tonight

4. I Look To You

5. Like I Never Left

6. A Song For You

7. I Didn't Know My Own Strength

8. Worth It

9. For The Lovers

10. I Got You

11. Salute

R. Kelly and Alicia Keys contributed their songwriting talents to a few of the tracks. You can click on the image or text link above to visit Whitney's official website to learn more about her new CD release, listen to the tracks, rate the songs, leave a message, etc. Our prayers have been answered and God has reclaimed "one of His own". Welcome back, Whitney. We missed you!





It has been reported that Whitney struggled with her voice during the taping of her comeback performance on "Good Morning America" Tuesday, September 1st. The Grammy-winning diva apologized to the 5,000 people in the crowd for overusing her voice by "talking too much" during the taping of an interview with Oprah Winfrey on Monday, August 31st, the day before she took the stage in Central Park to promote her new album, "I Look to You." Already, the media has put their negative spin on this by accusing her of "blaming Oprah" for her voice challenges.

Fans who came from as far away as Australia and arrived in line as early as 10:00pm Monday, sang along during her perfomance. While "Good Morning America" only planned to have Whitney sing three songs, some fans were hoping to hear more from the songstress. The crowd was firmly behind Whitney. They wore homemade t-shirts and carried glittery signs that proclaimed "Whitney We Love U."

When Whitney came on stage, her hair in loose curls and wearing a sharp taupe dress, fans reacted and rushed toward the stage. Her voice was husky and the songs were missing the high notes that used to mark her signature sound. Whitney belted out three cuts from her new album and appeared to choke up during its emotional title ballad. The crowd was moved along with her, wildly applauding during some significant lines like, "After all my strength is gone, in you I can be strong."

Whitney's apology before closing out the set made devoted fans love her even more. More than a dozen people arrived Monday night to snag a spot in line for the concert. Calling the experience "Camp Whitney," they put out blankets and waited for the gates to open at 11:00am. The taped performance is scheduled to appear on "Good Morning America" Wednesday, September 2nd. In addition, Oprah Winfrey will launch the 24th season of her show on Monday, September 14th and it will feature the interview that was taped on Monday, August 31st with Whitney.

1 comment:

Arlene said...

I love Whitney's singing. Her songs are true gems. Noboby does the Star-spangled Banner like her. If Mike Vick gets a 2nd chance then so should Whitney. Everybody's voice changes as we age. I've been singing tenor for more than 10 years starting out as a soprano in junior high school. I'll take her singing any way she'd like to do it. (sans Bobby!)

Terrific post!!



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!