Saturday, May 30, 2020

R.I.P. George Floyd & Prayers For His Family



An unarmed black man was pressed down onto concrete with a solid 200 lbs. sitting directly on his neck. He cried out for water. He cried out for his deceased mother, and once he realized he could no longer breathe, he cried out for mercy and he begged for his life. His nose bled and he lost control of his bladder. Yet, he remained trapped and handcuffed under the weight of a white cop's knee. 

Onlookers tried to intervene, only to be threatened with pepper spray. Even when he lost consciousness, the weight of that knee stayed firm on his neck. When first responders demanded they check for a pulse, the cops refused. When off-duty medical personnel begged for the cop to get up off his neck, he refused. America watched the video of a black man being killed in broad daylight for 10 agonizing minutes.

Now, people will dig through everything he’s done wrong in his life and they will roll their eyes at this post. We will see his mug shot and he will become a villain, even though the surveillance video does not support the cops' claims that he resisted arrest. But, there is no crime that justifies this punishment. Whether he had a criminal history, mental health issues, etc., there is no justification for his death. He was a human being who deserved better than he got. #DareToCareRepost


No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!