Saturday, January 28, 2017

This Is Why A Liar Cannot Tarry In God's Sight (Part 1)




I'm sorry, but this information is W-A-Y too late to do anyone any good at this point, and it just makes me angry that this young boy lost his life for nothing. The accuser, Carolyn Bryant, didn't even have the decency to come forward with this information while Emmett's mother, Mamie Till, was still alive. But, for the sake of historical truth, the article is worth a read if you've got the time.

Carolyn, her husband, and her brother-in-law didn't fare too well after Emmett's death, but that was a little 'God don't like ugly' mixed with a good old fashioned dose of Karma. The husband and brother-in-law were found not guilty, so absolutely no one was held accountable for the 14 year old boy's murder. And, to add insult to injury, the husband and brother-in-law were actually stupid enough to sell their story to Look Magazine after they were acquitted, in which both of them admitted they did, in fact, murder Emmett. The magazine paid them $4,000.00 for the confession and exclusive story.

Now, 62 years after Emmett's death in 1955 and 13 years after his mother's death in 2003, the liar who caused this horrific chain of events by falsely accusing Emmett of making inappropriate advances at her, has finally decided to come forward and admit she lied. Well, all I can say is, I'm not impressed. As far as I'm concerned, this is all about Carolyn again. Whether she is trying to clear her conscious, preparing to meet her maker, or whatever the case maybe--it's still all about her. It wasn't about Emmett when she lied at his murders' trial, and it's not about him now. For all the good this information can do at this point, which is nothing, perhaps she should have taken the lie with her to the grave.

NOTE: Here's the link for my follow-up blog post,
This Is Why A Liar Cannot Tarry In God's Sight (Part 2)

No comments:



Watch your step!


This household is protected by Ladybug Home Security.







As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord...


Christian Internet Code of Ethics

As a Christian who is active on the internet,
I hold myself to certain standards of conduct:

  • I guard my online relationships.
  • I am careful to visit websites that do not compromise my life in Christ.
  • I take care that my written communications reflect Christ in my life.
  • I guard my time to assure that my time online is kept in proper balance with the rest of my life.
Visit the home page to view a more detailed version:

The Nazarene Network @ NazNet.com





April is World Autism Awareness Month!




On Newsstands Now... Get copies while supplies last!




Now Playing... The Booga Wooga on YouTube!




Proud member of OSP Group on Facebook!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Good Reads!




Follow The Lady (Bug) on Pinterest!




Thank you President Obama for 8 great years!




Household Humor, Rules, and Membership











Deviant Art: "Cho & The Ladybug" By Cypherx





Virgo Rules in This Household!